(I have been absent from my EldonUp Blog work for a few months. Brief Explanation: Cancer – Treatment – Surgery – Recovery – Taking on a blog for my church – Refining my focus for my personal writing.)
Now, to Dig In.
What does it take to achieve all that you are capable of?
The title of this post summarizes the answer.
It all begins with Attitude.
Attitudes originate in your mind.
A sad fact is that many times they never make it out of your mind. Into the real world.
Another sad fact is that some people have an attitude that prevents them from achieving their ‘Best Me.’ (Help with Attitude Adjustments will be in a later post.)
All The Things You Don’t Need
To achieve Your Best you don’t have to be a Genius.
You don’t have to be wealthy.
You don’t have to be famous.
You don’t have to be popular.
You don’t have to be handsome or beautiful.
You don’t have to be an athlete.
You don’t have to have a six-pack or an hour-glass figure.
What You Do Need
The BestYou begins in your mind.
You need a Goal. That’s the first requirement.
You also need an Attitude about your Goal.
I think the Goal comes first. At least it did for me. –My attitude was, “If they can do it, so can I!”
I had the Goal. I developed the Attitude.
It all begins in your Mind, but it will remain a whispy dream unless you apply some Muscle.
You have to Begin. You have to Do.
How do you go about taking an Idea and turning it into a Goal?
(I will be providing step-by-step guidance each week here in my blog. Subscribe and follow along.)
Actions to Begin
Ideas travel through our minds at supersonic speeds. It is easy to have an idea and forget it within a matter of minutes. Maybe that’s my problem, but not yours. Pretend that it is also your experience for now.
Write things on paper. –Paper seldom forgets. –I also write with pen so that fading is not a problem.
I am a strong advocate for Composition Notebooks as daily companions.
1) The are inexpensive. I can usually find them for less than 50 cents each. Back to School time is the ideal time to stock up. Even at full price they are only $1 each.
2) They have stiff covers. Which provides some support for writing anywhere you may be when an idea hits you.
3) Wide or College Rule. I began with wide rule, but have converted to College. I can fit more on a page.
4) No wire binding. The wire on those other notebooks will catch on something and stretch the coil out of shape. Or it will get crushed and prevent the pages from turning well.
5) Compact size. They fit easily into my sling bag, into file folders for cabinet storage, or onto my book shelves.
6) Marking Big Ideas. I fold the page diagonally so the top piece sticks up above the page edges.
Personal Qualities Checklist
Be Determined to hit your Goal. –Determination can be learned.
Be Consistent in your Actions. —–Consistency can be developed
Be a Learner. —–Patterns for Learning can be acquired.
Identify Supporters. –Everyone needs encouragement, —-pats on the back, —-to be pushed back onto the field, —-honest feedback.
The Pattern: Do – – – Feedback – – – Adjust – – – Do
Please leave comments and suggestions: Such as Your Experiences in reaching goals, achieving your best.